Charlie's Sneaker FAQ and Glossary - Q
This FAQ and Glossary defines a number of terms used in regards to athletic shoes, Charlie, or sneakers.
QUICK NAVIGATIONAL GUIDE:
- To jump to a specific section of the FAQ and Glossary, click one of the letters below.
- If the desired term begins with a number or symbol, click on the "#" symbol.
- If unsure, try a search.
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z #
- 1. What all athletic shoes make their owners...
or at least that's their aspiration.
- 2. In the Apostles' Creed,
the living (as in "the quick and the dead").
- A first-in, first-out data buffering arrangement. In the United States, only a software weenie would use this term, and only in a
professional context. However, in the United Kingdom,
even the most computer-phobic can wait in a queue... and it's also used in
Cream's song "Badge." The term, along with a
number of oddball spellings and phrasings from British English, turns up in
the highly addicting computer game "Roller
Backward to "P"
Onward to "R"
Back to top of this page
Back to the top of Charlie's Sneaker
Last Updated: 1 February 2017
Search for more shoes:
Click here to send E-mail to Charlie.
Charlie's Sneaker Pages copyright 1995-2020 by Charles L. Perrin.
READERS PLEASE NOTE: Names of athletic shoe manufacturers, shoe styles, and technologies may be trademarked by the manufacturers. Charlie's Sneaker Pages uses these names solely to describe the shoes with the same familiar nomenclature used by the manufacturer and recognized by the reader.